The STEPs program is a K-12 science outreach program at Oregon State University which is funded by a grant from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Its mission is to support and improve science, math, health, and engineering education for K-12 teachers and students throughout the state of Oregon. STEPs fulfills its mission by:
- Offering professional development workshops in all areas of science, particularly disciplines that are rapidly changing
- Loaning classroom sets of equipment related to workshop topics
- Assisting school districts with STEM curriculum materials development
- Locating professional scientists for consultation, equipment loans, field trips, and presentations
- Publishing curriculum on-line
- Hosting family math and science nights and science outreach events in communities
- Hosting high school science class visits at Oregon State University
STEPs has hosted teachers from the entire state of Oregon and beyond at its professional development workshops. If you are interested in upcoming workshop please visit our event calendar often.
The STEPs program gratefully acknowledges funding and support from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, HHMI. STEPs programs are funded through a grant from the Undergraduate Science Education Program of the HHMI to Oregon State University.